Imogen's Typewriter.

Red Rising

Red Rising - Pierce Brown Oh my goodness. I don't know what I was expecting from this book but oh my goodness. I'll admit it took me a while to get hooked in this book but once it got it's claws it, it really got it's claws in. Simply, this book is about a young man called Darrow who is a 'Red' and works under the surface of Mars as a miner of a terraforming substance so Mars can become habitable for humans. But, plot twist, Mars is already habitable and Reds are just slaves constantly working away with nothing to show for it. This book is crazy, there's so much going on and so much action and drama that it's a punch in the chest feeling every chapter. I was so impressed at this that I immediately needed to read the second book, published 6th January, and I'm just- speechless.
I was talking to a friend and described this as 'everything a lot of YA books could be if they were a bit better', and I stick by that. If you're a fan of the Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Chronicles of the Invaders, heck- even if you're not you need to pick up a copy of this book. Incredible, I'm itching to read the second book.

Review originally posted on Imogen’s Typewriter.